Tired of failing MFM harddisks in your IBM, Philips or other XT/AT computer? This could be your solution: an 8 bit ISA card with interface to compact flash card. Just insert a (I advise Sandisk 256MB card) Compact Flash card, format the card and make it bootable.
What do you get
- just the XT-CF-lite ISA card
- there’s no compact flash card included at this moment. I’m looking to find some
The card is tested on a Philips NMS-9100 computer and it works perfectly, you can run games, applications and save data. You can easily transfer your data to a modern PC and vice versa.
Color of the board: black (looks very nice)
The bad / please note:
- There’s nothing bad with it, but it helps if you’re a bit handy with computers;
- Certain Compact flash cards won’t work;
- if there’s another controller card in the computer, you should remove it in order to avoid conflicts, showing a directory can me a bit slow the first time;
- Please avoid operating systems that use a page / swap file, those actions can wear a CF card heavily;
- I don’t have many cards, I have a few for sale and a few for myself;
- Don’t remove the CF card while the computer is turned on.
Object location & shipping
Location of object is Urmond (Netherlands)
Shipping should be possible using the shipping calculator of this webshop. Choose the option: “Small package that fits in mailbox”.
I’ve have been using these cards for a few years now and I’m very happy with it. I first had 3 of them all made by friends in the electronics scene. And I get a lot of questions if I can arrange more of these cards, so I asked a friend to make some more for myself and a few for others. All the credits for the design and BOM go to malinov.com, he made my retro computer life much easier. 🙂
This product is tested right before selling to check if it’s working. I cannot guarantee that it will keep working in the long run. It’s just a project so keep an eye on your retro computer and know that I’m not an official brand or shop. If you buy this, you agree that I cannot take any responsibility regarding this product.
If I have to ship it to you, I will pack it well.